Friday 4 May 2007

7.50km Appleton New Lane and Pewterspear Loop in 34:44

I had already decided to run a completely different circuit today and for it to be that little bit longer than my usual lunchtime run. The best part was that is was a lot cooler and there was also very little wind - good running conditions.

So, I headed eastbound along Stretton Road, running past the Thorn Pub and some 500 metres or so beyond it, turning at the next left-hand turn into New Lane. I then continued along New Lane until reaching its end. I then followed the Dingle and Longwood Road course, then down the Pewterspear Garden path. Then instead of running down the Old Roman Road which would be the norm, I instead ran along the London Road towards the Cat & Lion lights, before turning left into Stretton Road towards the "bus stop" finish at St. Matthews School.

To be honest, I felt both mentally and physically strong from start to finish.


Today's Stats

Time: 34:44 Appleton New Lane and Pewterspear Combination Loop
Distance: 7.50km (4.66m)

Average speed: 12.956 (8.050m)
Average pace: 4:38 per km (7:27 per mile)

Heart rate: HRavg 156, HRmax 165, and 494kcals

No comments: