Friday 9 February 2007

Treadmill Day Today!

My Polar arrived in the post yesterday afternoon with a replacement battery in both my Watch and the Wearlink; these also had been serviced. I also purchased a spare Wearlink, so I don't have to keep remembering to switch the Wearlink between my referee's bag and gym bag - sometimes forgetting to do so!

Well, today was very cold, icy, with heavy snowfalls that were settling werever it fell. Not the best of outdoor running conditions. So, for the first time in three months I ran on the treadmill in the nice warm (well hot) gym instead.

I set up my 4.2km distance run at an initial pace of 14.0km, which I ran at for the first two miles (3.22km). My Coopers distance, therefore would have been 2,800 metres.

I began to overheat a little at the 2.5km mark, but decided to keep it going at the 14.0km speed up until the two mile mark - then I dropped the speed to 13.0km to help my body to cool down. That's the problem with gym's... that and the fact it's really boring running on the same spot for any length of time.

Still, 4.2km completed in a time of 18:20 will do for me today.


The Stats

Time: 18:20
Distance: 4.20km (2.61m)

Average speed: 13.745 (8.541mph)
Average pace: 4:22 per km (7:01 per mile)

Heart rate: HRavg 165, HRmax 176, and 294kcals

No comments: