Tuesday 8 January 2008

Bubble Pop Electric

The Second Kissing Gate (1.2km mark)

Today, I ran the Park Loop with Gwen Stefani who helped me complete my first sub 7-minute mile of 2008 with a time of 6:40 (which includes the negotiation of three individual kissing gates enroute to the first mile). This was an improvement of 23 seconds at this point as compared to yesterday.

I did however later pay for that fast start whilst running down the Pewterspear Garden Path, which is about one mile from the end.

Again, I believe that it was only Gwen's "Bubble Pop Electric" track that kept me going, otherwise I think that I would have probably wasted all or most of that 23 second advantage earned in the very first mile. However I instead kept going...

As it turns out, I managed to beat yesterday's time by 18 seconds, although that last mile did hurt a bit. The pain was kind-a worth it as I finished the Park Loop in my first sub-20 time of the year with a time of 19:59 - Just!


Fitness Stats

Start Time: 2:34 pm
Distance: 4.45 km
Duration: 19:59

Speed: 13.36 km/h
Pace: 4:29 per km

330 kcals, 168 HRavg, 178 HRmax


MP3: Gwen Stafani, "Love Angel Music Baby"

No comments: